Monday, April 6, 2009

WHAT HALLOWEEN MEANS TO ME


I often get asked what inspires me every year to set up such an elaborate Halloween display around my house. I sometimes wonder myself when I think about all the work that is involved, but then I think of what Halloween means to me.

I have very fond memories as a kid dressing up for Halloween and Trick-or-Treating every year with my brother and collecting as much candy as we possibly could.

As I grew into my early teens it was no longer cool to go out Trick-or-Treating. So I decided then, to decorate my parents house and have the scariest house on the block.

I always remembered there being one or two houses in our neighborhood where the home owners put out more then just a pumpkin for decoration. I was always intrigued by tombstones, skeletons, scary music, lighting, etc...

It was then that I realized I needed to turned my attention to my favorite scary shows from my childhood for inspiration. I knew if I watch and studied The Adams Family, The Munsters, and The Hilarious House of Frightenstein that I would come up with some creative ideas.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFCnvH2E-6A&feature=player_embedded





Sure enough I did and to this day I will always remember these shows as a creative inspiration for my early years in home haunting.

Halloween is still an enjoyable part of my life, for the following reasons:

  • I still feel like a kid whenever I'm involved in anything that is related to Halloween.
  • I now take my kids out Trick-or-Treating.
  • I've become that scary house in the neighborhood that every kid can't wait to see.
  • I get to swap ideas with other fellow home haunters.
  • Contribute donations to Sick Kids Hospital.
  • Meet new friends in the Haunted House Industry.
  • Attend Haunted Conventions.

Halloween has become a way of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment