Friday, December 15, 2006

Brad called me this morning to ask if I had talked to Dale at Bureau Veritas yet. I hadn't yet, so I called them right after I got off the phone with Brad. It turns out Dale is on vacation -- I spoke to someone named Kathy instead. She had to look up some information and call me back.

When I arrived at the job site, only two installers from Dave Bengel's crew were working. Brad was there too, and he wasn't pleased there weren't more installers at work. Kathy called me back so I handed the phone to Brad because I didn't understand what she was talking about.

It turns out that we were worried about the wrong structural change all along. The stacked Strong-Walls on the back right of the house were okay. It's the front gable that the city plan check engineer didn't approve. We have Simpson Strong-Walls on either side of the window seat. But the filler between the Strong-Walls and the rafters is greater than 12" and that violates a city policy. If we have to make a change, it will be a BIG deal because Brad will have to tear off the roof, the window seat, etc.

Brad called John Ou, and between them and the city plan check engineer, they need to figure out the best solution to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment